PHANYC updates it’s policy agenda on an annual basis.
2016 PHANYC POLICY AGENDA IN BRIEF:
THREE MAJOR AREAS OF EMPHASIS FOR PHANYC:
Reproductive, Maternal, Neonatal, Child and Adolescent Health
Health Promotion and Disease Prevention
REPRODUCTIVE, MATERNAL, NEONATAL, CHILD, AND ADOLESCENT HEALTH:
-To Safeguard Reproductive Health and Ensure Women’s Equality and Freedom from Discrimination and Violence.
– To Ensure Work-Life Balance with Family Leave Insurance and Fairness for Pregnant Workers.
– To Invest in Maternal/Child Health.
– To Invest in Youth in Foster Care
HEALTH PROMOTION AND DISEASE PREVENTION
- To Advance Obesity Prevention through Nutrition, Oral Health, and Physical Activity.
- To Prioritize Tobacco Control Initiatives
- To Promote a Coordinated Approach to Mental Health and Drug Policy
- To Support a Public Health Approach to Criminal Justice.
- To Improving Equitable Access to Pain Management, Palliative Care and Health Care Decisions Counseling and Support.
- To Promote Healthy Aging and a Coordinated Approach to Issues Affecting Older Americans.
- To Enact and Implement Affordable Care Act Reforms and Expand Health Insurance Coverage to All.
- To Improve the health of all populations.
– To Promote Community Resilience, Public Health Emergency and Disaster Preparedness.